For some women, the idea of a labiaplasty can seem new and unfamiliar, but you can rest assured that it is a common and sought after procedure. Here are the most popular reasons to have it done:
1. Birth defects: Some women are not happy with their shape and size of their labia that was bestowed upon them at birth. This is a completely logical position to take, and we have helped many patients to achieve a look that compliments them better.
2. Childbirth: After having children, the tissue around the pubic region can be stretched and remain loose. In these cases, our surgeon can consult with you on safe ways to improve the look and feel of your intimate areas. You might also consider our full Mommy Makeover to take back some of the features that may have been changed by nature.
3. Hygiene: Sometimes misshapen tissue can lead to recurring infections or buildup of various biological baddies. In these cases, surgery may be an option to remove the folds of skin where bacteria can hide.
4. Better intimacy: Aside from the aesthetic improvements that can be made to the labia, there may be some improvements that will add fire back to the bedroom. In many ways, this has to do with better confidence in your body image, but some patients do report better physical stimulation after having their procedures.
5. Wardrobe comfort: If your pants or panties are constantly giving you discomfort and you feel that your labia may be an issue; we can help you determine the best course of action. Sometimes, it's better to take care of a problem today for long-term comfort in the future.